Saturday, March 2, 2013

The Hutchisons in California: John Hutchison and Virginia Aldridge Family



Correct me if I’m wrong?!!  I’m indulging in some risky speculation as I look over this well posed portrait of the John Hutchison and Virginia Aldridge Family.  John Hutchison is my grand-uncle, brother to my grandfather Robert Hutchison.  I never had the opportunity to meet him, but I’ve heard stories - - good stories!  I’ve called upon my father to help me identify his aunts and uncles and cousins in the photo below, and I am sure he has gotten pretty close.  But, there are a few faces that keep us wondering, especially the children.  So . . . . if I have misidentified anyone, please let me know by commenting below. 



Children (l to r): Margie Fraser, Virginia Fraser, Devan Sharbrough, Joycie Arnette.  Ladies (l to r): Marjorie Hutchison Fraser, Virginia Aldridge Hutchison, Isabel Wilson Hutchison, Thera Hutchison Sharbrough, Joyce Hutchison Arnette.  Gentlemen (l to r): Rayburne Fraser, John Hutchison, Devan Sharbrough, George Arnette.


In the photo, John Hutchison and his wife Virginia Aldridge have gathered the families of their three daughters for one of their almost-yearly reunions.  This photo was probably taken in 1938 or 1939 in the Palos Verdes Estates area of Los Angeles county California. 

For more details on John Hutchison and his family, visit his page at Family Stories, pamgarrett.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...